Women’s Representatives of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology
Research and Publication Prize 2021 awarded!
In spring, the Research and Publication Award was once again announced to honor outstanding research by women in the humanities and social sciences. The 2021 Research Award goes to Ingrid Titzler for her research on blended psychotherapy. The 2021 Publication Prize will be awarded to Prof. Dr. Hanna Eglinger-Bartl for her monograph “Nomadic-Ecstatic-Magical. Scandinavian Arctic Primitivism in the Late 19th and Early 20th Century”. The awards will be formally presented at the Faculty Doctoral Celebration in the spring of 2022. The Women’s Representatives of the Faculty Prof. Dr. Aida Bosch and Prof. Dr. Julia Obertreis congratulate Ms. Titzler and Prof. Dr. Eglinger-Bartl on receiving the prizes!
At the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology, gender aspects are examined in research and teaching at the social and institutional level, depending on the individual disciplines. For example, the “career development of university graduates of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (BELA-E)” has been investigated with a DFG project since 1995.
Gender-specific socialization takes place in research and teaching, as well. The faculty aims at increasing the proportion of women on all qualification levels and especially in the areas where women are underrepresented. In addition, gender aspects are to be integrated in all fields of research and teaching.
The women’s representatives are continuously working on increasing the proportion of women particularly in these departments and those qualification levels in which women are underrepresented.
Area of Responsibilities
- Quality assurance in appointment procedures
- Voting right in department councils
- Enforcement of target agreements for gender equality
- Consulting regarding career and problems
- Consulting concerning matters of sexual harassment
- Consultation of new female professors
- Establishing gender specific courses and research projects
- Establishing and Controlling of Mentor Programs for young female scientists
- Support of the development and continues improving of the FAU Family Service
Women’s representatives of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology
Deputy women’s representative of the faculty:
The faculty’s women’s representative is supported by the deputy women’s representatives of the departments and an advisor.
Women’s representatives of the Departments
The women’s representatives are working towards the equality of women and men. They are contact persons for women scientists, female teachers and students of the Faculty and are committed to their concerns. The aim is to increase the proportion of women at all levels of science.
Department of Classical World and Asian Cultures
Department of English, American, and Romance Studies
Department of Didactics
Department of German and Comparative Studies
Department of History
Department of Islamic-Religious Studies
Department of Media Studies and Art History
Department of Education
Department of Psychology
Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy
Department of Sport Science
School of Theology
Target Agreements and Supporting Programs
Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment will not be tolerated at FAU. With the guideline for the prevention and handling of cases of discrimination, harassment and sexual harassment at the Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) and the University Hospital Erlangen (UKER), which came into force on June 1, 2021, the university is taking a stand and sending a clear signal for an active approach to discrimination, harassment and sexual harassment.
For more information on contact and counseling points at FAU and on the possibility of a complaint procedure, please visit the pages of the Office for Equality and Diversity
Contact Points and Events
- The Office for Gender and Diversity supports the work of the women’s representatives at FAU: https://www.gender-und-diversity.fau.de/
- Interdisziplinäres Zentrum Gender Differenz Diversität (IZGDD): https://www.izgdd.fau.de/
- The Family Service coordinates various offers of assistance for students, staff and their family members at Friedrich-Alexander-University and the university hospital: https://www.familienservice.fau.de/
- Equal opportunities officer for non-academic staff: Christian Müller-Thomas (https://www.fau.de/universitaet/leitung-und-gremien/gremien-und-beauftragte/beauftragte/gleichstellungsbeauftragter/)
- University courses with a focus on Gender: https://www.izgdd.fau.de/lehrveranstaltungen/