Women’s Representatives of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology
From now until 14 March 2021, female doctoral and postdoctoral researchers of the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology can apply for the next round of the FAU Mentoring Programme ARIADNEphil .
At the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Theology, gender aspects are examined in research and teaching at the social and institutional level, depending on the individual disciplines. For example, the “career development of university graduates of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (BELA-E)” has been investigated with a DFG project since 1995.
Gender-specific socialization takes place in research and teaching, as well. The faculty aims at increasing the proportion of women on all qualification levels and especially in the areas where women are underrepresented. In addition, gender aspects are to be integrated in all fields of research and teaching.
The women’s representatives are continuously working on increasing the proportion of women particularly in these departments and those qualification levels in which women are underrepresented.
- Quality assurance in appointment procedures
- Voting right in department councils
- Enforcement of target agreements for gender equality
- Consulting regarding career and problems
- Consulting concerning matters of sexual harassment
- Consultation of new female professors
- Establishing gender specific courses and research projects
- Establishing and Controlling of Mentor Programs for young female scientists
- Support of the development and continues improving of the FAU Family Service
The faculty’s women’s representative is supported by the deputy women’s representatives of the departments and an advisor.
The women’s representatives are working towards the equality of women and men. They are contact persons for women scientists, female teachers and students of the Faculty and are committed to their concerns. The aim is to increase the proportion of women at all levels of science.
Department of Classical World and Asian Cultures
Department of English, American, and Romance Studies
Department of Didactics
Department of German and Comparative Studies
Department of History
Department of Islamic-Religious Studies
Department of Media Studies and Art History
Department of Education
Department of Psychology
Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy
Department of Sport Science
School of Theology
The target agreements include the following supporting programs:
- ARIADNEphil Mentoring Program to support young female scientists (www.mentoring.phil.fau.de)
- Grants for Participation in Conferences
- Funding for Guest Lectures
- Gender Mainstreaming in Selection Processes
Sexual harassment will not be tolerated at Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg. FAU has a clear policy against sexual harassment supported by the “Guidelines for dealing with sexual harassment” and takes an active stance in dealing with conflicts. (https://www.gender-und-diversity.fau.de/files/2017/06/richtlinien_sexuelle-belstigung_2017_04_20.pdf)
- The Office for Gender and Diversity supports the work of the women’s representatives at FAU: https://www.gender-und-diversity.fau.de/
- Interdisziplinäres Zentrum Gender Differenz Diversität (IZGDD): https://www.izgdd.fau.de/
- The Family Service coordinates various offers of assistance for students, staff and their family members at Friedrich-Alexander-University and the university hospital: https://www.familienservice.fau.de/
- Equal opportunities officer for non-academic staff: Christian Müller-Thomas (https://www.fau.de/universitaet/leitung-und-gremien/gremien-und-beauftragte/beauftragte/gleichstellungsbeauftragter/)
- University courses with a focus on Gender: https://www.izgdd.fau.de/lehrveranstaltungen/