Scholarships for international students – Summer School in Wittenberg
FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg and WACC invite applications for places at its Summer School on “Communication rights in the digitised global society. Enough waiting! For a Reformation on the non-transparent data highway!”, 30 July-06 August 2017 in Lutherstadt Wittenberg, Germany. The Summer School is being organized with the support of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
In the year of Reformation Jubilee Luthertstadt Wittenberg has been selected for the Summer School because of its close connection with Martin Luther and the dawn of the Protestant Reformation: Wittenberg is home to historical sites as St. Mary’s Church or the houses of Luther, Philipp Melanchton and Lucas Cranach the Elder. On the doors of All Saints’ Church, the Schlosskirche (“castle church”) Luther is said to have nailed his 95 theses in 1517. A vivid appreciation of the historical circumstances is essential to create a transfer of those aspects to our contemporary realities and challenges in a digitized world. Participants in this class will join with international lecturers from different disciplines in discussing parallels between Reformation und digitisation with regard to the revolutionary potential of the two phenomena. One focus of interest is global communication rights. Besides, students will test and reflect on their own practical experience with communication media.
The School is open to participants who:
- are postgraduates with at least a bachelor’s degree in media, communication studies, political sciences, theology or a related field,
- are matriculated in an University or University of Applied Sciences,
- are fluent in English,
- are aged 32 years at most.
Of course doctoral candidates are also very welcome to apply.
We are offering a limited number of scholarships for international students to take part in the Summer School.
You would like to join Summer School 2017 and bring the following skills:
- professional qualification above average, especially the ability to apply liberal arts theories, analyze media productions and cultural processes and to communicate results of such analysis in an intersubjectively comprehensible way,
- first practical experiences in the field of media production,
- non-academic engagement in the cultural, social or religious field,
- practical experience in intercultural or interdisciplinary cooperation.
Then, please send your curriculum vitae together with a letter of motivation and some work samples to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is February 28th 2017.
In case of questions regarding the application process please write to the email contact mentioned above.
For further information: http://www.summerschool2017.org/programm/2j